Inexpensive, durable, and portable brewing method.
Rather peculiar but popular brewing method. Invented in 2005 by Alan Adler (believe it or not, he also invented the Aerobie throwing ring, also known as a Frisbee.
- Place filter into AeroPress basket and preheat AeroPress by pouring hot water through it.
- Lock basket into AeroPress and place on scale (If you are not using a scale ignore directions for using the scale and go by tablespoons for coffee and ounces/ grams for water).
- Tare scale to zero with coffee cup underneath the AeroPress.
- Pour freshly ground coffee into AeroPress and settle the coffee bed so it is even.
- Quickly pour your 220g of heated water (Quick tip - pour to the number 4 on the Aeropress if you are not using a scale). Start timer for 1 minute.
- Set plunger on top of the chamber to keep heat from escaping.
- Carefully take a cup and AeroPress contraption off the scale.
- At 30 seconds, remove the plunger and gently stir the coffee bed for 7-10 seconds.
- Place the plunger back on the AeroPress and slowly plunge down. This should take about 10 seconds.
- Total brew time is about 1 minute.
- The coffee should already be pressed into your mug and ready to enjoy.